Newly built complex in 2015, the Taurama Aquatic Centre will host the Pool events at the 2018 Oceania Swimming Championships.
The Taurama Aquatic Centre features
- Main pool (50m) consisting of 10 lanes built by Myrtha that is 2m deep
- Warm up pool (25m) consisting of 10 lanes built by Mrytha
- Seating capacity catering for 2000 people
- Marshalling room and recording room
- Change rooms and bathrooms
- VIP rooms
- Sports Shop and a Café
Open Water Competition
The Open Water Competition will be held in the Fairfax Harbour, located in the heart of Port Moresby. During the months of June/July, the harbour is well protected from the south easterly winds and is deep regardless of the tide and the time of the event.